Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to All


So, how does my miniature family celebrate Mother's Day, you ask? Well, that's simple. The girls play with their cousins while their Aunt Krissy and I whine and complain about NOT getting a new Coach (purse). Well, the weather was nice and we were outside lots...without our new purses, but, hey- we did get the most wonderful little "Mom" key chains that Ashli and Jessi made at school. I was also given a delicious bag of tea, and a TON of very sweet letters and such that Lexi wrote about me. In them she stated that her favorite things about me are that I make her meals and take her to Park Meadows (our mall). Oh, and she also thinks it's funny when I "talk to Diesel". Gosh, I hope she doesn't hear what I am REALLY saying when he eats my sunglasses and remotes!!! Brett was in New Mexico, so it was a very uneventful holiday...I think I even picked up dog puke twice. We ended the day at WalMart where I had to console my oldest, and teach her a small life lesson. WalMart isn't exactly the place I would choose to share such times with my girls, but that's where we were when I had to explain why they weren't invited to a family gathering. Even though I didn't have the answer, I DID explain to my girls that no matter what they were excluded from, they would always-no matter what- have a place at home, with me. The afternoon started out rough, but ended pretty sweet with a few bedtime stories and prayers. Just the three of us. I couldn't ask for more. OK, maybe a Coach........

4 comments:

Helen said...

Do you know I am not talking to you - NOT! REFUSE! HYPOCRITE! Don't you dare go on about my photography and my girl! PUH-LEASE! You not only have two heaven sent angels there but the photos you take! Blah...blah...blah...not listening to you anymore!

ps. LOVE that scooter photo. Attitude written all over it.

pps. a coach! A what! That is a bus right? Does the KK require a bus for transporting all their crap around? Who the hell calls a bag/purse a coach? What is that?

Krissy said...

Poor Lex. I still feel awful for her. I hope it's been squared away now... it's just not fair for a little girl to have to feel that way.


BTW... Remember that promise to go to the COACH (purses Helen, purses) outlet on his days off? He suddenly seems to have forgotten. How could I have guessed...

BLECH. I'll live vicariously through you and YOUR beautiful handbags!

Leah said...

I was sooooo happy to see your comment on my blog, so of course I came straight to your blog to become your newest blog stalker!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all your pics, what a fantastic idea. Even dh had to take a peek at your dogs!!! So glad we found each other. I soo missed your awesome scrapping. Your a true artist!!!

Susan said...

So happy to see you scrapping again!!! Love these pics of the girls....and I love the new haircut!