Monday, June 2, 2008

The Graduate





Today, Lexi graduated from Kindergarten. The school had a graduation ceremony, a precious slide show...which left not one dry eye in the gym, and a big picnic. I can't believe Summer break is already here! It seems like it was just yesterday when I was snapping pictures of Lexi's first day!!! She has come a long way in the past year- I am very proud of her. She has made many new friends, whose parents have become my friends- it's wonderful to have some adult interaction from time to time.
Now, I feel that I must explain the outfit. If you look closely, you will notice that every other little girl was dressed to impress, in their prettiest graduation attire. Not Lexi. Maybe she would have been IF I didn't have Princess Jessica run in my bedroom at 2:30 am, screaming of "bugs" in her room. She has been doing this off and on for a couple of weeks. I just thought she was having bad dreams- she is scared to death of bugs, of any kind. Well, this time, I was a little concerned that maybe there was actually something to her early morning dash to my room, so I peeled myself out of bed and went into her room. I learned that for the past couple of weeks, these "bugs" were the sprinklers!!!!! She thought the sound was moths running around her sleepy head! Poor baby. So, needless to say, the three of us woke up very late. I didn't have time to do anything but make breakfast and brush teeth. Lexi dressed herself. And, of course, she chose Grandma's horse outfit and white Sketchers. Oh well. We made it!!!!

3 comments:

Leah said...

I love those pictures!! She looks so proud and happy!

Helen said...

hahahahahah....bug!!!!! sprinklers!!!!!! princesses!!!!! outfits!!!!!

Bottom line...

NO EXCUSE!!!

Great pics DCP....she is gorgeous no mattter what she is in...look at that face!

Wendy said...

Hay what's wrong with a horse outfit for graduation, lol! She's my kind of girl!! You and Helen are going to have to hold my hand next August when Michael goes off to K...I know the first few days will be okay but then when the newness wears off both Michael and I are going to be in tears, lol...Yikes I need to stop thinking about it!! Oh and a tip watch out for vacuum cleaner hoses too, they think those are snakes, lol!!