Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy 1st, Mom!!!!!




This past weekend we celebrated my mom's first birthday/anniversary of her new heart!!! I can't believe it has already been a year...and I also can't believe how well she is. We intended on celebrating with a small party on Saturday, but the mile-high altitude got to her and she fell ill....that day. By Sunday, she was roaring to shop again......and get her NOSE PIERCED!!!!! Thanks to my demanding sister.... my mom, sister, and I ended up at Bonaroo Tattoo on Sunday afternoon to have a HUGE needle stuck through our nose!!!!! What a "great" way to celebrate being alive!!!!! Not really. It hurt like bloody hell! But, I couldn't say 'no' after my mom volunteered to go first....this was after I told her I would do it IF she did....and she DID!!!!!! Crap. I didn't plan for this to happen. What a day to remember. Yeesh. No pictures to post of our suffering, as I didn't have my camera.....why would I have? This was something I never thought about doing.....even on that day. But, IF Gina emails me the pics she took on her camera, I will post them. IF she sends them. Actually, they are pretty hilarious. So, after hitting Walgreens and stocking up on saline and Q-tips, we came back home to watch my mom open a gift. Something a little more elegant than a needle. We all pitched in to get her a beautiful Elsa Peretti "Open Heart" lariat from Tiffany's. One heart represents her, and the other represents the donor. She truly deserves it, and we are so blessed that she is here today to receive it. Happy first, Mom....we love you!!!!!!!!! How's your nose?

5 comments:

Susan said...

OUCH!!! You WILD and CRAZY girl!!!! LOL!!!

SOOOO happy for you and your family...your Mom looks great!!!

Helen said...

OMGawd! You gotta be kidding me! I dont know what I am in awe of most! The plethora of photos (thank you) or the story - OMGawd! Seriously! If your sister does not cough up the photos just tell her you will send her email to the PITA stalker! This I gotta see! Up close and personal with DCP's nose LMAO!!

Helen said...

Oh....DCP Mum! YOU SO ROCK! Love ya Mary!

Lizzy Wurmann G. said...

Your nose pierced??? OMG, you must be crazy!!! That must have been such an experience for you all!!!

Krissy said...

YOU PIERCED YOUR NOSE????????? WHAT??????? NOWAY! I was just at your house YESTERDAY. I spent all day Saturday with you at the mall.... I did NOT see any shiny metal on your face!?!?!

Girl, you are braaaaaaaave!